Soils Level I
The WACEL Soil Level I Training Program examines
- Measurements Systems—Physical Constants,
- Sampling and Proportioning,
- Test Method Review
- Field Operations
Technicians will receive guidance to understand the requirements of each section and obtain the knowledge they need by working through specific examples, performing the necessary calculations and responding to sample questions and typical field scenarios. This outstanding program not only shows how to perform specific tests and procedures but also explains the reasons why they are performed and their importance to the success of a project.
Each technician will receive a comprehensive workbook that can be used in the field and in the lab as a constant reference source to help improve daily operations and expand the technicians understanding of the technical requirements associated with soil sampling and testing.
Prerequisites for Training
Submission of an application signed by the applicant's supervisor that attests to the fact that the applicant has performed or has witnessed the following tests on at least two occasions:
- Standard Practice for Reducing Samples of Aggregate to Testing Size (C702)
- Standard Practice for Sampling Aggregates (D 75)
- Practice for Dry Preparation of Soil Samples for Particle-Size Analysis and Determination of Soil Constants (D421)
- Test Method for Particle Size Analysis of Soils (D422)
- Terminology Relating to Soil, Rock and Contained Fluids (D 653) or Has Read and is Familiar with the WACEL Drillers Guide Section 3.1
- Test Method for Laboratory Compaction Characteristics of Soil Using Standard
- Effort-Standard Proctor (D698) and or Modified Proctor (D1557)
- Density and Unit Weight of Soil in Place by the Sand Cone Method (D1556)
- Test Method for Laboratory Determination of Water (Moisture) Content of Soil and Rock (D2216) or Test Method of Laboratory Determination of Water (Moisture) Content of Soil by Direct Heating Method (D 4959)
- Practice for Description and Identification of Soils (Visual Manual Procedure - D2488) or is Familiar with the WACEL Drillers Guide Section 3.2
- Test Method for Liquid Limit, Plastic Limit and Plastic Index of Soils (D4318)
Click here to reserve for the next Soil Level I class.